Monday, June 15, 2009

Briefly...

I just wanted to take this rare opportunity on a computer to check in. We, Theresa, Sam(the girl one) and I, did indeed go to the aquarium yesterday. It was very interesting and surprisingly big. They had three large sandtiger sharks which were impressive and a number of other beautiful animals. My favorite parts were probably the 3d movie about plankton called <> which featured a dance sequence with microscopic organisms. The seafaring museum was a creep and confusing quasi-interactive view through the history of boats and stuff. Around every turn and through every drawn curtain was a terrifying statue and a motion detector which activated a story about what you were seeing. Really, very scary. We had a nice day and it was good to get out of Urbino for the day when people who are not as fortunate and have not finished their exams could get a chance to study without us distracting them.

Tomorrow I leave for Rome to meet Andy and do a bit of tourism before the last few weeks of living in paradise. I leave tomorrow and don't return until Saturday, which means that I will be missing Danielle's departure. It is upsetting to see her leave and even more difficult for her but I'm not too worried as I will be meeting with her when I get to Brooklyn on July 2nd.

That's it for now. I will try to check in in a bit. Hope all is well. It is for me.
See you soon, real world.

David

No comments:

Post a Comment