Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Let's get ready to STUUUUUUDY...after vacation.

Okay my friends and family, it’s business time now. I finished my last class for the semester today and from here on out it will be studying and exams until I come home. I have my first exam on May 25. After that one, there is one on the 28th, the 29th, the 4th of June and the final final on the 12th. But first, off to Greece!

And also, my first exam will be me explaining, in English, five short essays that I have to write, in English, about Intercultural Management – the class of which Taylor and myself, the Americans, were the stars. It looks like I can put off any serious work for a bit longer since my hard exams, Institutions and History of Latin American Countries and Analysis of Political Language, won’t be until June. Most people here with Erasmus don’t start really studying until the day before exams. I won’t be THAT irresponsible, but the fact that they manage to pass is somewhat comforting.

The last few days have been wonderful and relaxing. I visited an organic pasta factory with my Agrarian Economics class and got to eat there and see how the pasta is made and such. It was incredibly interesting. We met the man who started the company and he is very crazy looking and exceedingly passionate about organic food. Turns out that this tiny pasta factory, just 10 minutes down the road from Urbino central sells pasta to every WholeFoods in the US. If you go to WholeFoods, look for Montebello pasta. It comes in a brown bag. It’s good stuff. I saw.

On a normal day, when I’m not touring local, organic, food factories however, I sit in the sun and Mensa twice-a-day (by the way, Mensa, which means a set table or a dinning hall has become a verb. “Vuoi mensare presto? Mensiamo mensieme? Ecc.”) Today, I went to class, sat in the sun and contributed some paper farm animals to Katy’s farm mural on her side table in her room. A very productive day “secondo me” (“y’aks me” in English”).

It’s 6:11 (18,11) here now. My schedule will be as follows:
18,30 – try to find someone to go to the store with me so I can buy little bottles to put sunscreen into because taking big bottles is not allowed on airplanes unless you check a bag and I don’t want to check a bag.
20,00 – Mensa for the last time until I come back. While I’m gone, I’m going to pretend I am sick and that Gudi is my caretaker so that she can take my Mensa card and pretend to be bringing me my meals while I am bed ridden all the while eating my food since it would be going to waste because I won’t be there and it’s already paid for for ISEPers like myself and Katy.
22,55 – Get on the last bus out of town to Pesaro with Angela and Danielle
01,00 – Get on a train for Ancona
02,00? – Get on a night train for Milan. It seems counter-intuitive to go south to go north, but it’s Italy so that’s how it works
07,00? – After approximately 15 seconds of sleep, arrive at Milano Centrale and find our way to the airport
10,40 – Check in with EasyJet
12,40 – Depart for Athens
+1 hour
16,00ish – Arrive in Athens. Find our way to our hostel and eat something and then collapse

I don’t know the hours after that but the next day, we will find a ferry to Mykonos from Athens and check into our hostel there and the next three days will be spent in the sun on the beach eating spinach and feta cheese and filo dough. Don’t worry parents; I will have sunscreen, if I can get someone to go to the store to get a little bottle to transfer it into.

I’ll let you know how it goes.
Until Tuesday (almeno),
Davie wavy.
What?...You don't give yourself pet names?

No comments:

Post a Comment